Jade Scarab Event
Reptiles Should Learn to Dodge
- The Jade Scarab is a new monthly event introduced in October 2018 as a promised replacement when they took away the Pearl Hunter gene from the gene tree (may it rest in peace).
- During the first week of each month, you collect rune fragments by tapping jade fireflies while your Beetle sleeps.
- Fragments earn Runes on a 10x10 board. Each Rune has a bonus.
- Rune Bonuses are not active while collecting them.
- At the end of the first week, the Runes are locked and the Jade Beetle wakes up.
- The Rune bonuses go into effect when the Beetle wakes up.
- The Jade Beetle will appear in your main game, with your King Crab riding on its back.
- Yes, that's as cool as it sounds.
- Tapping the Beetle unleashes his power -- massive lasers that do massive damage.
- The Beetle has a cooldown which you can override by paying pearls.
- At the end of the month the Beetle goes to sleep again and the Rune bonus turns off.
- You start the whole process over again on the first of the month, collecting new Runes.
- Any notes we have on the current event may be found here.
- More mathy stuff may be found here.
- During the first week of the month you collect Rune Fragments to earn Runes.
- You earn a Rune Fragment by tapping the Jade Messenger (green firefly) that appears in the main game every 20 seconds.
- Some Messengers will give you an option to watch an ad for 5 fragments instead of 1. This can happen every five Messengers.
- You may activate a beacon for 100 pearls that will bring in 50 Messengers at once. These give 1 fragment each with no option for watching ads.
- Every X number of Rune Fragments will earn you a new Rune. The cost scales up from 2 fragments to 70 fragments.
- The total fragments to fill your Rune board (100 runes) is 3585.
- If you only tapped Messengers and did not watch any ads, that would be "about" 20 hours of time spent.
- If you only tapped Messengers but did watch ads (30 seconds each), that would be "about" 14.5 hours of time spent and you would watch 398 ads in the process. Don't forget to tap your 100-ad achievement for your free gem.
- If you spent pearls for beacons to get all 3585, you would spend around 7170 pearls.
Going Beyond 100 Runes
- If you continue collecting fragments after your full board 100th Rune, every additional 70 will earn you a bonus Rune that is at the top of the board.
- There is no known limit to the number of bonus Runes you can collect -- only the amount of time to collect them is limited to the first week of the month.
- Each additional rune stacks up and is included in your Total Runes collected for next month's calculation of Memory Rune.
- Should you go for bonus runes? If it is a good one (like Endless Rush, see below) then you want at least one. Going beyond that, you might want to read the math article.
- There is a Rune Fragment calculator and more information in the Math article.
- There are 100 Runes arranged into a 10x10 grid.
- Each Rune has some bonus associated with it. Examples being +15% Garnet Damage, +20% Gold, etc.
- There are a number of special Runes that change each month and impact different parts of the game.
- As of this writing the Rune sets have not yet repeated 100% from previous months.
- There is an extra Rune at the top of the 10x10 grid that you begin earning once you have filled the grid.
- There is a summary screen that shows the total statistics gained by your Rune collecting.
- The Rune Bonuses are not active until the Jade Beetle wakes up after the first week of the month is over.
- At the end of the month when the Jade Beetle goes back to sleep, the Rune bonus will turn off and the Rune board will reset.
- The first rune on the board is called Memory Rune.
- This rune grows in power based on the number of Runes you collected, and how many times you fired your Jade Laser during the previous event.
- For each Rune you collected, your Memory Rune will gain +10% All Damage.
- For each time you used your Jade Beetle laser, your Memory Rune will gain +5% to Gold dropped.
- If you are just beginning, or if you skipped a month, your Memory Rune will be set at 10% damage, 5% gold.
- The arguably best thing about an event is the presence of Endless Rush, which lets your game "play itself".
- Details are in this article.
- In addition to 3 weeks of Rune Bonus and a powerful Beetle laser, you earn prizes if you complete full lines on the 10x10 grid.
- You earn a prize for every horizontal row filled, every vertical column filled, and the two diagonals for a total of 22 individual prizes.
- A prize is some amount of pearls, gems, genes, or a Burrower Crab.
- The 22 prizes seem to total:
- 1500 Pearls
- 32 Genes
- 18 Gems
- 2 Burrower Crabs
- Tapping your king-crab-riding Jade Beetle (still sounds cool) unleashes his weapon. Six laser beams.
- The power of the laser is equal to your Average Crab Damage multiplied by your king crab's damage multiplied by any special runes that may be in play for the month.
- The laser can critical which is what makes it so very powerful after the other multipliers.
- The laser shoots by default for 5 seconds unless modified by runes.
- The laser can be fired again after 60 minutes unless modified by runes. Optionally you can spend pearls to fire sooner.
- Typically each month there are enough runes on the board to increase the laser blast to 300% damage over 20 seconds with a 30 minute cooldown.
- As mentioned above, each time you use the laser, your next Memory Rune will gain +5% to Gold dropped.