- You earn DNA as you progress through the game.
- DNA is used to purchase and upgrade Mutations which increase your power or change various aspects of the game itself.
- You earn DNA by purchasing Crab Evolutions, Queen Levels, Mutations, and progressing further down the riverbed.
- The Ecdysis screen on the Crab tab will show you Queen Level DNA, Distance DNA, and "Mutation" DNA.
Queen Level DNA
- This is simply 1 DNA for every 1000 Queen Levels you purchase.
- Some players only level their queens to 1200 or 2000 until it comes time to Ecdysis, then they purchase as many levels as they can.
- This is not a significant source of DNA but it adds up.
- You start earning Distance DNA at 700 meters.
- You gain more Distance DNA every 150 meters after that.
- Mutation DNA is a little more complicated and where the bulk of your DNA will come from.
- As a base for calculation, sum up your Queen Level and Distance DNA. Remember this as your Base DNA.
- Bonus 1: Mutations give 2% bonus DNA each, up to a maximum of 72% DNA for all 36 mutations.
The gene Mutation Strand increases the 2% mutation bonus to 4% or 6% each.
- Bonus 2: Completing a Mutation Set gives a 30% bonus DNA, up to a maximum of 360% for all 12 sets.
The gene Symbiotic Strand increases the 30% Mutation Set bonus to 40% or 50%.
- Bonus 3: The mutation Ember Tipped Carapace (ETC) gives 10% extra DNA per level.
- The bonuses are added together into one big bonus % and used to multiply the Base DNA to give you the "Mutation" DNA number shown on the Ecdysis screen.
- 10 Queen Level DNA, 190 Distance DNA = total Base DNA of 200.
- Unlock 5 mutations (10%), have one completed set (30%) and have ETC level 16 (160%) = total bonus 200%
- On Ecdysis screen, "Mutation" DNA = 200% of the base DNA 200, or 400.
- Total DNA for Ecdysis: 10 + 190 + 400 = 600.
- Crab Evolutions give bonus DNA
- The gene Evolution Strand increases the amount of DNA given by Evolutions.
- We have a Worksheet to see how much DNA you can get on your runs.
- We have another Worksheet to play around with that DNA and decide how best to spend it.
Mutation CostsEach mutation has a DNA cost to research (unlock) that gets progressively more expensive as you unlock more of them.
|Mutation #||Cost To Unlock|