The Gene Tree
- The Gene Tree was added to the game in August 2016 when Tournaments were introduced.
- The Gene Tree is an additional way to increase the power of your crabs, on top of normal means (Mutations, Evolutions, Queen Skills, and Gems).
- Bonuses granted by Genes are used as an additional multiplier in the game calculations.
- It costs 5 Pearls per spent Gene Point to reset your tree if you want to make changes to it.
- There are a total of 402 nodes on the Gene Tree, at costs ranging from 1 to 8 points.
- A full tree costs 567 Gene Points.
Sources of Gene Points
- You earn Gene Points mainly by competing in the tournaments. You earn between 1 and 35 gene points depending how well you do in the tournament.
- Also during the tournament you may receive bonus gene points for completing a "Mission" - which is a very simple solo task. Known missions so far are catching 60 butterflies or tapping 30000 times. The reward is 3 extra gene points.
- As of the 1.5.0 release, there is a one-time "Entry Gift" when you join the tournament, for 3, 5, then 20 gene points to reward participation, for a total of 28 points over three tournaments. We've suggested they make this permanent like the daily beast but as of yet that isn't happening.
- Occasional events might give extra gene points, like the recent Easter event which gave a random reward of 5-10 gene points.