- This is a Permanent Genetic Upgrade to the Gold Drop Genes
- Adds 20% gold bonus per level.
- This bonus is summed up with the bonus provided by Gold Drop genes.
- That total is then used as a separate multiplier for ALL gold received.
- So if you have 50 Gold Drop genes (250%) and 20 levels of Gold Luster (400%), the total bonus (650%) would be 7.5x multiplied to any gold you get.
Should I Buy Them?
Our general advice for all of these Gene Lab "Permanent Genetic Upgrades" would be to use the Gene Lab Worksheet to see what might be the best use of your genes. The reason for this is everyone's setup is different, and since all of the Genetic Upgrades cost the same, the 5 points you spend here might be better spent in one of the other upgrades.
That said, of the four upgrades this one is probably the worst in terms of "bang for your buck" - increasing the amount of gold you get is a good thing, but the overall bonus here just isn't that great when compared to the other upgrades. In terms of distance gain, you might get more benefit by raising one of the other upgrades first. Your mileage may vary though, which is why we have the worksheet so it can look at your specific picture of mutations, genes, gems, etc and calculate your specific benefit from choosing this upgrade.
The best thing about these upgrades - there are no caps, and the price does not go up as you raise it. Gold Drop caps out on the Gene Tree at 350%. This upgrade lets you substantially increase that over time.