- This is a Permanent Genetic Upgrade to the Mutation Infusion Genes
- Increases the damage bonus of Mutations by 5% per level.
- This bonus is summed up with the Mutation Infusion gene bonus.
- The total bonus is used as a multiplier for any mutation damage bonus.
- As an example. if you have all 11 Mutation Infusion genes (110%) and 20 levels of Mutation Specialization (100%), the total bonus (210%) would be 3.1x multiplied to any +damage bonus given by your mutations.
Should I Buy Them?
Our general advice for all of these Gene Lab "Permanent Genetic Upgrades" would be to use the Gene Lab Worksheet to see what might be the best use of your genes. The reason for this is everyone's setup is different, and since all of the Genetic Upgrades cost the same, the 5 points you spend here might be better spent in one of the other upgrades.
That said, of the four upgrades this one is probably second in terms of "bang for your buck" - increasing the damage bonus provided by mutations is certainly a good thing, but you might get more benefit by raising one of the other upgrades first. Your mileage may vary though, which is why we have the worksheet so it can look at your specific picture of mutations, genes, gems, etc and calculate your specific benefit from choosing this upgrade.
The best thing about these upgrades - there are no caps, and the price does not go up as you raise it. Mutation Infusion caps out on the Gene Tree at 110%. This upgrade lets you dramatically increase that over time.