- Adds one "gilding" level to a random Crab Evolution.
- Each gilding level adds 0.1% Queen DPS to Crab Dmg to that Evolution.
- The gilding level bonus is on top of whatever else the Evolution normally gives you.
- Evolutions can have multiple levels of gilding.
- The gild counter is visible on the Evolutions tab.
- When you pick evolutions, the gild counter is also visible on the picker along with a fancy background.
- If it wasn't apparent, this is one-time use ability, however the gild levels are permanent.
Should I Buy Them?
No. No. No.
Just no. Do not waste your genes on this slop unless they change it, at which point we will happily reevaluate the potential.
This is an extension of what Violet Tipped Carapace does, which in itself is not a bad thing at all. Without any Evolution Gild, the maximum % of Queen DPS to Crab Dmg that you can attain is 10.5%. You would think then that this would be awesome. We thought this was going to be the diamond in the rough from all of the Gene Lab offerings. The diamond turned out to be poop.
Long-winded reasoning ahead.
50 Million Simulations
To investigate this further, we ran over 50 million simulations to examine just what this "Power" does and more importantly, how painful it is to do it.
Some things to keep in mind:
- There are 84 crab evolutions. Evolution Gild picks one at random.
- An evolution can have more than one Gild level on it.
- You have 30 evolutions that you like to use out of the 84.
- You have a 35% chance of a Gild being added to one of your desired 30 evolutions.
- For established players, one Gild = about 1% net DPS increase.
Now, with those things in mind, here's the pain.
- 2000 Gene Point cost minimum for 100 Gild levels.
- Odds that those 100 Gild levels will land on the same set of 30 evolutions: 1 in 5.19e+44 -- that's 44 zeroes. A billion has 9 zeroes. Most lotteries are in the millions. Perspective.
- Average # of Gild levels on your desired set of 30 after you buy 100 Gild Levels: 35.
- Average # of Gild levels needing to be bought to get 100 total across any available evolution path (not your desired one): 200 for 4000 gene points.
- Average # of Gild levels needing to be bought to get 100 total across your DESIRED 30 evolutions: 280 for 5600 gene points
For perspective, I've spent over 950 gene points as of this writing on the Gene Lab, so diminishing returns have already started kicking in for me. EVEN SO, 4000 gene points for me represents +121907% DPS increase (and +217% gold increase) by buying other Gene Lab upgrades instead of +100% DPS (and no +gold) from obtaining these gilds.
What If a Gild Level was 1% Instead of 0.1% ?
- Instead of 100 you'd need 11 (only 220 gene points!).
- Odds of getting 11 across your chosen evolution set when buying the 11: 1 in 83000.
- Average # of Gild levels on your desired set of 30 after you buy 11 Gild Levels: 4.
- Average # of Gild levels needing to be bought to get 11 across any available evolution path (not your desired one): 14 for 280 gene points.
- Average # of Gild levels needing to be bought to get 11 across your DESIRED 30 evolutions: 31 for 620 gene points
For perspective, I've spent over 950 gene points as of this writing on the Gene Lab, so diminishing returns have already started kicking in for me. EVEN SO, 620 gene points for me represents +538% DPS increase (and +32% gold increase) by buying other Gene Lab upgrades instead of +100% (and no +gold) from obtaining these gilds. Not as dramatic but still enough that I wouldn't touch them, even if they made this particular change.
What If You Could Choose the Evolution?
If you could choose which evolution to apply the gild to instead of it being completely random...would make it a little better but not much. Remember you'd still need a minimum 2000 gene points to double your DPS even if you could hand-pick the evolution to put it on. That's still 40 weeks of tournaments...
How Bad is it for Me?
The Gene Lab Worksheet has an area under Powers that will tell you just how bad Evolution Gild is for your specific case.
Just stay away. Unless you like poop or found a way to cheat and get 1000s of gene points with no effort.